About the ECPR Methods School
Good research requires solid methodology; a belief key to the aims of the ECPR and the reason for the creation of its Methods School.
The Methods School offers up-to-date methods training across the whole range of methodologies (and across different paradigms and approaches), which are particularly salient for research questions in political science and neighbouring disciplines.
Courses deal with all stages of a project and cater to the needs of research at macro and micro levels. They cover quantitative and qualitative designs as well as positivist and interpretative perspectives.
You can take courses on a standalone basis or combine them over one or more events to provide a more comprehensive training path.
We offer a wide range of courses, from introductions to tools that will be useful for research methods, through to advanced courses bringing you to an expert level.
We cover the following categories:
- Research design/fundamentals Courses enabling you to think about your research more broadly, so you can make more informed choices about specific methods and techniques.
- Data collection/generation Focused on a specific method (or family of methods) for data collection or generation.
- Data analysis (foundation) Focused on a specific method (or family of methods) for data analysis, bringing you to a foundation level.
- Data analysis (introductory) Focused on a specific method (or family of methods) for data analysis, bringing you to a level of well-informed use.
- Data analysis (intermediate) and (advanced) Focused on a specific method (or family of methods) for data analysis, bringing you to an expert level, including more recent refinements.
We offer an intensive programme of seminars and lab sessions which require a strong commitment. The teaching language is English, in which all participants must be fluent.
You can earn up to 4 ECTS credits and a certificate of attendance for each course taken.